Common Tech Solutions
Tech help for mobile devices:
Can't log in?
- Is your caps lock ON? Turn it off.
- You log into the site with the email we have on file for you, or your username! Have you changed emails?
- Reset your password if your login fails. (Check if the reset email went to spam.)
- Still no email? Whitelist this email first: firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the reset password request again here.
- Are you sure you have an account on our site? You would only if you've registered for or purchased something.
- Email email@example.com if you still can't log in. We need your full name and the email you entered in our system.
These solve 99% of ALL problems: ONLY YOU can do these things, and everyone should be doing this once a month anyway!
1. Update your browser!!!
Update your browser to the latest version often. Out of date browsers don't work on shopping carts. Your browser has to translate our site to your computer! Your browser's name is found in the upper left of your internet window. Upgrade your browser on their official browser site FREE: For example, Internet Explorer.com, Netscape.com, Safari.com, Firefox.com, Chrome.com, etc.
2. "Clear your cache", also called Forced Refresh, Reload, Hard Refresh:
"Caching" tries to save time and data by showing you an old saved version.
- For Windows: hold down the Ctrl or Shift key while clicking on refresh button in URL bar. Or press Ctrl-F5. Refresh several times to really clear it out.
- For Macintosh and all other operating systems: hold down Shift key while clicking refresh button in URL bar. Or press Command-Shift-R. Or Option or Command key plus Refresh button. Refresh several times to really clear it out.
If that doesn't work on your browser, Google "how to clear cache on (your browser name)."
Or "how to do a hard refresh on (your browser name)."
3. On your browser bar, choose History, then Clear History
Or try using “incognito” or “private” mode.
That is, open a brand new browser in “private” mode that won’t use cached files or settings that may no longer work.
- In Chrome: Open File > Incognito window.
- In Firefox, Safari: Open File > New private window.
- Other browsers: See File and look for something similar.
Other things that may fix it, and you need to do these often anyway:
Enable cookies: If you disable cookies you may not be able to log in.
Hard shutdown and restart: Shut down your computer, not restart, and count to ten before rebooting. Computers and browsers can get confused when there are lots of changes to our website, your computer, or to browsers. A hard shutdown lets everything clear and reorganize.
Try a different browser: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are the best ones. Some work best with some devices and sites but mysteriously not as well on others. (For example, we find Paypal works best on Safari!)
AOL's old browser does not work on a lot of new websites or devices! It's antiquated! Use another browser.
Have an old computer or old software?
- If your computer is ancient or having internal problems, it may not work well with our website. Get tech help for your equipment.
- Try to log in using a friend's computer or another device you own. If that works, the problem is with the other computer or software.
- Go to your computer tech person or computer store and see if they can log in for you from another computer. If they can, the problem is with your computer or software.
Not skilled in computer use, have a new device?
We give complete help with our site, but we unfortunately cannot help people learn basic use of their browsers, computer, iPhone, iPad, or any device. Consult the tech support that came with your equipment, or get tech help. Find a child--seriously--they do it so easily!
You can take a free class at your local library or Google to find free online tutorials. When you know how to use your equipment you'll have more fun on this site (and everywhere).
Lost your audio files?
No worries, the files you bought are always right there in your Account under Files. Please download them again yourself. There are a few exceptions that occured during system changes. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should be backing up all of your data on all of your devices.
Change your password, email address, add a picture, personal profile info, location, etc.
Go to My account, top of page. Click edit your profile.
Post a picture to show on the Forum.
Fill out your profile.
Tell us the email you registered with, your FULL NAME, page URLs, all details of where you were on the page, and what you were trying to do.
We need all the detailed info you can give to help you.
"It's not working" or "I can't log in" gives us nowhere to begin. Please send us the email address you registered with, your FULL NAME, what's happening, which page, and what you're trying to do. Screen shots help.
Tell us what you're using: what device and model, what browser version. Tell us you did the tech help on this page first!
We'll help you during our office hours M-F.
Love from the Divine Openings Angel Assistants!