Common Tech Solutions & Regular Maintenance You Need to Do
Our site works best on the free Google Chrome browser.
See below for how to fix 99% of all website issues.
Can't log in?
- Is your caps lock ON? Turn it off.
- You log into the site with the email we have on file for you, or your username! Have you changed emails? Log in with the old email, then change your email on our site. OR email email@example.com to have us change your email.
- Reset your password if your login fails. (Check if the reset email went to spam or junk.) OR email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll reset your password for you.
- Not getting our emails? Whitelist this email: email@example.com.
- Are you sure you have an account on our site? An account is created ONLY when you register for or purchase something.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still can't log in. We need your full name, username if you had one, and the email you initially entered in our system if you know it. We'll fix it -- no worries!
3 steps resolve 99% of ALL website problems!
ONLY YOU CAN DO THEM. You should do these 3 steps every month.
1. Update your browser and your device's operating system to the latest version. Out-of-date browsers and operating systems (Mac or PC) don't work well on any website, especially with shopping carts.
Your browser name is in the upper left of your internet window. Click on the browser name > About (browser name.) It will show you if it's up to date, or give a link to click to update it free. Or go to their site to upgrade free: For example, Chrome.com, Safari.com, Firefox.com.
2. Clear History. On your browser bar choose History, then Clear History; or Clear browsing data, or Clear data. Then you'll see new pages (instead of cached copies of old pages.)
When you delete cookies it may log you out of everything, so log back in and start clean.
Never "disable cookies" or you may not be able to log in at all. Enable cookies if they are disabled.
3. Hard shutdown and restart your device: Shut down your computer, phone, or pad, not restart. Wait one minute before restarting. Computers and browsers get confused -- a hard shutdown clears and reorganizes everything.
Other things that may fix it:
Try a different browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, are the best ones. Some work best with some devices and sites but mysteriously not as well on others. (For example, we find Paypal works best on Safari but our site works best on Chrome!) AOL's browser does not work on lots of new websites or devices at all! Get another free browser.
Try “incognito” or “private” mode.
That is, open a brand new browser in “private” mode that won’t use cached files.
- In Chrome: Open File > Incognito window.
- In Firefox, Safari: Open File > New private window.
- Other browsers: See File and look for something similar.
As a last resort, clear your device cache: "Caching" on your device tries to save time and space by showing you an old saved version rather than the current version of a webpage.
Google "how to clear cache for ____ device" or "how to clear data for ____ device." If you're not sure how, don't do this - get a techie to help you.
Tech help for mobile devices:
Have an old computer or old software?
- If your computer is ancient or having internal problems, it may not work well with lots of websites. Get tech help for your equipment.
- Try to log in using a friend's computer or another device you own. If that works, the problem is with the other computer or software.
- Go to your computer tech person or computer store and see if they can log in for you from another computer. If they can, the problem is with your computer or software.
Not skilled in computer use, have a new device?
We give complete help with our site, but unfortunately, we cannot help people learn basic use of their browsers, computer, iPhone, iPad, or any device. Consult the tech support that came with your equipment, or get tech help. Find a child -- seriously -- they do it so easily!
You can take a free class at your local library or Google to find free online tutorials. When you know how to use your equipment you'll have more fun on this site (and everywhere).
Lost your audio files?
No worries, the files you bought are always right there in your Account under Files. Please download them again yourself. We do sometimes post new, updated audios and delete very old ones. Email us at email@example.com.
You should regularly back up all of your data, on all of your devices, or set them up for automatic cloud backup.
Change your password, email address, add a picture, personal profile info, location, etc.
Go to My account, top of page. Click edit your profile.
Post a picture to show on the Forum.
Fill out your profile.
Still need help? You MUST do the tech help on this page first! If you've done that: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We need all the detailed info you can give to help you. "It's not working" or "I can't log in" or "I can't access this page" gives us nowhere to begin. Screen shots help.
We'll help you during our office hours.
Love from the Divine Openings Assistants