Common Tech Solutions ~ Regular Maintenance You Need to Do
Our site works better on the Google Chrome browser.
Can't log in?
- Is your caps lock ON? Turn it off.
- You log into the site with the email we have on file for you, or your username! Have you changed emails? That one won't work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to change your email.
- Reset your password if your login fails. (Check if the reset email went to spam or junk.)
- Still no email? Whitelist this email first: email@example.com and submit the reset password request again here.
- Are you sure you have an account on our site? You only do if you've registered for or purchased something.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still can't log in. We need your full name, username if you had one, and the email you initially entered in our system.
These 3 steps resolve 99% of ALL problems!
ONLY YOU CAN DO THEM. You should do the 3 steps every month anyway.
1. Update your browser and your operating system to the latest version. Out of date browsers and operating systems (Mac or PC) don't work well, especially with shopping carts. Your browser name is in the upper left of your internet window. Click on the browser name > About (browser name.) It will show you if it's up to date, or give a link to click to update it free. Or go to their site to upgrade free: For example, Chrome.com, Safari.com, Firefox.com, Internet Explorer.com, Netscape.com, etc.
2. Clear History. On your browser bar choose History, then Clear History, or Clear browsing data, or Clear data. Then you'll see new pages (instead of your device showing you cached copies of old pages.)
Don't delete the cookies unless you want it to log you out of everything.
Never "disable cookies" or you may not be able to log in at all. Enable cookies if they are disabled.
3. Hard shutdown and restart your device: Shut down your computer, phone, or pad, not restart. Wait one minute before rebooting. Computers and browsers can get confused when there are lots of changes to our website or if you've done a lot of stuff on your computer. A hard shutdown clears and reorganizes everything.
Other things that may fix it:
Try a different browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, are the best ones. Some work best with some devices and sites but mysteriously not as well on others. (For example, we find Paypal works best on Safari but our site works best on Chrome!) AOL's browser does not work on lots of new websites or devices at all! Get another free browser.
Use “incognito” or “private” mode.
That is, open a brand new browser in “private” mode that won’t use cached files.
- In Chrome: Open File > Incognito window.
- In Firefox, Safari: Open File > New private window.
- Other browsers: See File and look for something similar.
As a last resort, clear your device cache: "Caching" on your device tries to save time and space by showing you an old saved version rather than the current version of a webpage.
Google "how to clear cache for ____ device" or "how to clear data for ____ device." If you're not sure how, don't do this; get a techie to help you.
Tech help for mobile devices:
Have an old computer or old software?
- If your computer is ancient or having internal problems, it may not work well with our website. Get tech help for your equipment.
- Try to log in using a friend's computer or another device you own. If that works, the problem is with the other computer or software.
- Go to your computer tech person or computer store and see if they can log in for you from another computer. If they can, the problem is with your computer or software.
Not skilled in computer use, have a new device?
We give complete help with our site, but we unfortunately cannot help people learn basic use of their browsers, computer, iPhone, iPad, or any device. Consult the tech support that came with your equipment, or get tech help. Find a child--seriously--they do it so easily!
You can take a free class at your local library or Google to find free online tutorials. When you know how to use your equipment you'll have more fun on this site (and everywhere).
Lost your audio files?
No worries, the files you bought are always right there in your Account under Files. Please download them again yourself. There are a few exceptions that occured during system changes. Email us at email@example.com.
You should be backing up all of your data on all of your devices.
Change your password, email address, add a picture, personal profile info, location, etc.
Go to My account, top of page. Click edit your profile.
Post a picture to show on the Forum.
Fill out your profile.
We need all the detailed info you can give to help you. "It's not working" or "I can't log in" gives us nowhere to begin. Screen shots help.
We'll help you during our office hours M-F.
Love from the Divine Openings Assistants!