Be a Glutton for Pleasure Practices
Pleasure Practices for your advanced, spiritual Awakening, Expansion, and Healing.
We all know the Divine Openings spiritual awakening paradigm is about joy, ease, creativity, play, and fun -- not seeking, processing, and working on ourselves endlessly. That spiritual awakening is furthered by pleasure more than by "working on it." That letting the challenge or problem go, and giving the mind a deep rest works better than "working on it." And low vibrations don't need healing (if you aren't sick.)
When you give it a rest, you get you out of the way, and take the charge off the resistance.
After that, solutions flow from the Void, fresh as spring rain.
So how do you add more pleasure to your life, and savor your way deeper into the new paradigm of ease and joy?
Make up your own list, because you are unique, but to get you inspired, hum the tune of the Mary Poppins song, "these are a few of my favorite things," and here are mine. I try to do at least three of these a day. Some take just three minutes:
- Being, not doing. That might mean sitting and just breathing and staring at the sky. No thinking! No productivity! No seriousness!
- Slow walks, NOT for exercise, but to slow down and be aware of each flower, each step
- Lie in the yard, with the horses munching hay nearby - 15 minutes
- Midday nap - 15 minutes
- Horse kiss - 10 seconds
- Pet Honey the dog- 1 to 5 minutes
- Take her on a short walk - 20 minutes
- Long baths with salts and oils (for pure pleasure!) - 30 minutes
- Sit in the hot tub appreciating at the yard and the horses - 15 minutes
- Bounce on my mini-trampoline - 3 minutes
- Ride my horses, not train them, just be with them with no goal - 1 to 3 hours
- Brush the horses and smell their coat - 5 minutes
- Laugh - as long as possible - the Portals give you lots of laughter-inducing videos and audios
- Hear, read, or share jokes
- Write humor
- Romantic pleasure nights at home
- Massages - 30 to 60 minutes
- Pedicures - 30 minutes
- Meditation - 5 to 30 minutes. There are a hundred meditations in Portal 5 alone
- Make a great meal very slowly, savoring each movement, each color, each flavor - 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Day of silence - or part of a day
- Sing or chant to feel the pleasure of vibrating the vocal chords, which vibrate the body - 3 minutes or longer
- Go out dancing
- Dance to music that moves me at home - like MY music!
- Any movement that's pleasurable
- Zoning out on our rowing machine is like meditation when I close my eyes - 15 or more minutes. (One friend listens to books on tape while he rows.)
- SING to music that feels gooooood! Pharrell Williams Happy is a current favorite but I made a Happy Music playlist in iTunes.
- Chant along to music. Lola's Gayatri Mantra. The beauty of today's lush musical chants (look up Deva Premal and Miten) is that they are pure pleasure, not austerities or chores you have to do a certain number of times. They get you high!
- Kundalini - 3 minutes to an hour. See my online Kundalini Joy course
- Make web cards like the one above. Then I get up and MOVE after sitting!
- Putter around the yard or wander about town with no goal
- Swim, lie in the sun
- Read a delicous novel during lunch on the deck
- Smell the air before and after a rain
Now it's your turn. What are your favorite things?
Make your list and post it where you will SEE it to remind you to do at least three a day.
Cut out some colorful pictures, (like the one of the little pig here!) that make you smile, and paste them on to grab your attention. We can forget the most important things because other things are vying hard for our attention!
Don't worry, you're radiating good vibrations to the planet by adding your joy to the collective consciousness.
You actually broadcast low vibration to the world when you're overworked, deprived, or over-serious.
Be good to yourself -- be a glutton for pleasure practices.
PS - We include many more of these short inspirational videos on pleasure practices in the 5 Portals of Awakening.
Lola's upcoming Kundalini Joy course has higher quality videos, many in German too.
Just added this video to celebrate the momentum!
Learn more about the 5 Portals of Awakening. They include many more of these short videos, full length, in-depth teachings, and MUCH, MUCH more.