Some details are different for each location.
English info for the Germany retreat is below, on yellow.
Plan your trip for California Retreats
- Fly into San Diego.
- California retreat is in beautiful Alpine, California, 35 minutes up into the mountains from the San Diego Airport.
- 40 minutes from the beach if you wish to extend your stay!
- Meet at Lola's idyllic retreat home.
- Carpool in a rental car or with Californians who drive here.
AIR and LOCAL TRAVEL:
You'll plan and pay for your own travel. The earlier you register, the lower the airfares to San Diego.
- Coordinate with your group for a shared rental car. Some drive their own cars to the retreat, so if you share rides with them, please contribute to gas.
- There's very little traffic from the airport to the retreat, except rush hour. Google navigation works well here.
- We prefer Lyft to Uber if you need to pay for a ride.
- From the lodgings to Lola's house, please carpool so there are fewer cars here.
- Across the street from the airport is a cool restarurant/bar on the water called Coasterra. Nice place to hang out waiting for your buddies to carpool to Alpine. Some go out to dinner together in Alpine.
Lodging, Times, Food, What to bring
LODGING: Book asap! Rooms FILL UP AROUND HERE.
You reserve your own lodging, and pay for lodging in addition to the retreat. You could share and save.For lodging we recommend:
- Airbnb has some good ones near us! (Check the locations against our address, 2368 Palo Danzante, Alpine, CA 91901.)
- Viejas Hotel is super nice, and it's very quiet when you're not in the attached casino area. https://viejas.com/hotels $179 per weekday night, or two queen beds for two for $189/night. It's 3.1 miles from Lola's place and takes only 10 minutes by car and there is never any traffic. Huge pool, etc. Or choose a luxury suite at the attached Willows Hotel and Spa.
You may check out Friday morning and bring your bags to Lola's, as Viejas is full Nov 11 and 12. For extended vacation fun before or after the retreat you'll want to stay in San Diego or a beach town - Alpine is very quiet.
The Ayres Lodge is now sold out. Ayres gives a group rate but you ONLY get it when you call this number: 619-445-5800, and reference the Divine Openings rate. The Ayres online number, or other agents can't do it. Ayres room rates: Sunday - Thursday nights are $169 per night for single rooms, before taxes. Weekend rates are higher.
See main retreat page for meeting times.
Arrive ON TIME every day to honor Lola and other participants.
You may not leave the retreat early. Every minute is important, even the last half day can hold your biggest breakthrough.
Stock up your own breakfast snacks or eat in the hotel. Amazing lunch and dinner are served at Lola's home, cooked with love by Scott. There is a tasty selection of vegetarian, carbs, meat and fish. The field of resonance is so strong at the retreat no one has food sensitivities or food issues at these retreats! It's a great opportunity to free yourself from those.
MEET AND GREET before the retreat!
You could meet other participants for dinner the day before the retreat. The Viejas Hotel and Casino, and the Viejas outdoor Outlet Shopping Center have tons of restuarants.
In Alpine, Panda Machi Sushi and Chinese, Mediterraneo, and Al Pancho’s are good.
For stellar BBQ (and vegetables too) in an old roadhouse atmosphere, navigate 17 minutes away to Grand Ole BBQ: 15505 Olde Hwy 80, El Cajon, CA 92021
After you register, full details appear under My Retreats in your account:
You'll get all details including:
- Directions to Lola's home.
- What to bring.
- Roster to coordinate flights, rideshares..
- Lodging booking forms for Germany retreat.
- Your Pre-Retreat Preparation Courses.
RETURNING RETREATERS are asked to bring flowers - we have vases galore here. Roses are great and last long. The nearby Albertson’s has nice, inexpensive flowers. Don’t go to the florist - it’s crazy expensive.
You'll organize your service tasks on day one before the silence begins - enjoyable and easy.
LocationS & DATES
CALIFORNIA RETREATS Germany Retreats
Germany Travel Planning
If you're worried about not speaking German, many Germans speak English, and are very helpful. Lola speaks no German and finds it wonderful to visit there twice a year.
Some details are different for this location.
Now at the lovely and comfortable Sonnestrahl Seminarzentrum.
Sebastian-Kneipp-Straße 1, 88353 Kißlegg, Germany
+49 7563 1890
See main retreat page for the dates for your retreat. No early departures please. Every moment is important.
LODGING: The venue is Seminarzentrum Sonnenstrahl.
Lodging is paid directly to the Sonnenstrahl, separately from tuition.
You pay your lodging directly to the German retreat center, Sonnestrahl, at the time of your stay.
Please contact them directly to book your stay. +49 7563 1890
You may ask them to add extra nights to the beginning or end of your stay.
Rooms are quite reasonably priced. The room costs vary from 63 Euros (Dormitory style up to 5 people) up to 110 Euros (single room) per day including full board, 3 meals per day, teas, water and fruit.
Arrive the day before your retreat to check in and relax.
See your pre-retreat information page in the 5 Day Retreaters section.
The retreat center provides us with delicious healthy breakfast, a lunch buffet, and a dinner buffet with many choices!
Meals are freshly prepared in the house, are largely vegetarian, and the ingredients are sourced as far as possible from regional organic farming - in short, the food is not only healthy but also super delicious.
Interestingly, participants find that their intolerances do not exist during their retreat period (and when they're ready to let them go, they're gone forever) and that strict, dietary regulations are not as necessary as they used to be. That's because we are in an enormously powerful state of grace, and most people leave these restrictions behind them permanently (as well as many of the other limitations they leave behind in retreats.)
Fly in early enough to allow for canceled flights and delays.
Please see the Sonnestrahl website for directions and travel help information.
You may coordinate Air, Car, and Hotel with a few other participants if you like. You'll plan it yourself. Returning Retreaters can share taxi rides, rooms, and carpools too!
If you are looking for other retreaters to contact for possible travel sharing, you may use your retreat roster that is listed in your pre-retreat section.
Retreaters coming from other countries: Use the roster to see who is coming from somewhere near you and plan a rideshare to the retreat center. You will not need a car at the retreat center.