Some details are different for each location.
English info for the Germany retreat is below, on yellow.
Plan your trip for California Retreats
- Fly into San Diego.
- California retreat is in beautiful Alpine, California, 35 minutes up into the mountains from the San Diego Airport.
- 40 minutes from the beach if you wish to extend your stay!
- Meet at Lola's idyllic retreat home.
- Carpool in a rental car or with Californians who drive here.
AIR and LOCAL TRAVEL:
You'll plan and pay for your own travel. The earlier you register, the lower the airfares to San Diego.
- Coordinate with your group for a rental car. Some drive their cars to the retreat, so if you share rides with them, please contribute to gas.
- There's very little traffic from the airport to the retreat. Google navigation works well here.
- We prefer Lyft if you need to pay for a ride.
- From the lodge to Lola's house during the retreat, please carpool so there are fewer cars here.
- There is a cool restaurant on the bay, across the street from the airport called Coasterra. Nice place to hang out waiting for your buddies to carpool to Alpine. Some go out to dinner together in Alpine.
Lodging, Times, Food, What to bring
LODGING: Book asap! Rooms are limited and this is the ONLY hotel in town.
The Ayres Lodge is at 1251 Tavern Road, Alpine, CA, only 35 miles from San Diego airport.
You reserve your own lodging, pay for lodging in addition to the retreat, and you don't pay till you arrive.
We have an AMAZING group rate but you ONLY get it when you call this number: 619-445-5800, and reference the group Divine Openings Retreat rate. The Ayres online headquarters number, or other agents you find online charge more, and may mess up your reservation.
- Reserve early. It fills up, and there are no other hotels near here.
- Room rates: Sunday - Thursday nights are $109.95 per night for single rooms, before taxes. Weekend rate for Friday and Saturday night is $161.00 before taxes.
- Double up if you wish to save money, but don't talk!
- Deluxe, freshly remodeled rooms (Single King or Double Queens) and people love it!
- Hot breakfast bar is included (skip the coffee and black tea!) You want to feel everything and not power over it with caffeine.
- Get a room with microwave and fridge if you want to make your own breakfast.
- Baron's Market with organics, snacks, drinks, and drug stores are all one block away.
See main retreat page for meeting times.
Arrive ON TIME every day to honor Lola and other participants.
You may not leave the retreat early. Every minute is important, even the last half day can hold your biggest breakthrough.
The lodge provides breakfast. Amazing lunch and dinner are served at Lola's home, cooked with love by Scott. There is a tasty selection of vegetarian, carbs, meat and fish. There will be some gluten-free choices, although the field of resonance is so strong at the retreat no one EVER has ANY food sensitivities or food issues at these retreats! It's a great opportunity to free yourself from austere dietary practices.
MEET AND GREET before the retreat!
You could meet other participants for dinner before our first meeting:
Alpine Social is a short walk from the Lodge. Mediterraneo is one block away from the Lodge.
For Mexican, drive to Al Pancho’s 5 minutes away. 2139 Alpine Blvd, Alpine, CA 91901
For stellar BBQ (and vegetables too) in an old roadhouse atmosphere, navigate 17 minutes away to Grand Ole BBQ: 15505 Olde Hwy 80, El Cajon, CA 92021
After you register, full details appear under My Retreats in your account:
You'll get all details including:
- Directions to Lola's home.
- What to bring.
- Roster to coordinate flights, rideshares..
- Lodging booking forms for Germany retreat.
- Your Pre-Retreat Preparation Courses.
RETURNING RETREATERS are asked to bring flowers - we have vases galore here. Roses are great and last long. The nearby Albertson’s has nice, inexpensive flowers. Don’t go to the florist - it’s crazy expensive.
You'll organize your service tasks on day one before the silence begins - enjoyable and easy.
LocationS & DATES
Germany Travel Planning
If you're worried about not speaking German, many Germans speak English, and are very helpful. Lola speaks no German and finds it wonderful to visit there twice a year.
Some details are different for this location.
Now at the lovely and comfortable Sonnestrahl Seminarzentrum.
Sebastian-Kneipp-Straße 1, 88353 Kißlegg, Germany
+49 7563 1890
See main retreat page for the dates for your retreat. No early departures please. Every moment is important.
LODGING: The venue is Seminarzentrum Sonnenstrahl.
Lodging is paid directly to the Sonnenstrahl, separately from tuition.
You pay your lodging directly to the German retreat center, Sonnestrahl, at the time of your stay.
Please contact them directly to book your stay. +49 7563 1890
You may ask them to add extra nights to the beginning or end of your stay.
Rooms are quite reasonably priced. The room costs vary from 63 Euros (Dormitory style up to 5 people) up to 110 Euros (single room) per day including full board, 3 meals per day, teas, water and fruit.
Arrive the day before your retreat to check in and relax.
See your pre-retreat information page in the 5 Day Retreaters section.
The retreat center provides us with delicious healthy breakfast, a lunch buffet, and a dinner buffet with many choices!
Meals are freshly prepared in the house, are largely vegetarian, and the ingredients are sourced as far as possible from regional organic farming - in short, the food is not only healthy but also super delicious.
Interestingly, participants find that their intolerances do not exist during their retreat period (and when they're ready to let them go, they're gone forever) and that strict, dietary regulations are not as necessary as they used to be. That's because we are in an enormously powerful state of grace, and most people leave these restrictions behind them permanently (as well as many of the other limitations they leave behind in retreats.)
Fly in early enough to allow for canceled flights and delays.
Please see the Sonnestrahl website for directions and travel help information.
You may coordinate Air, Car, and Hotel with a few other participants if you like. You'll plan it yourself. Returning Retreaters can share taxi rides, rooms, and carpools too!
If you are looking for other retreaters to contact for possible travel sharing, you may use your retreat roster that is listed in your pre-retreat section.
Retreaters coming from other countries: Use the roster to see who is coming from somewhere near you and plan a rideshare to the retreat center. You will not need a car at the retreat center.